Prep Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 4-6
- 1/2 c. Jeff’s Garden Organic Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 1/3 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. your favorite Jeff’s Garden Stuffed Olives, chopped
- 3/4 c. giardiniera, drained & finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Hollow out 1 loaf round Italian bread
Cheese, Meats, Garnishes:
- 6 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
- 2 oz. capicollo, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. Genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
*Calculated ingredients may not always be as accurate as the original recipe.
Finely chop the vegetables and olives for the olive salad. Combine all salad ingredients; set aside.
Cut the loaf of bread in half crosswise. Use a small, serrated knife to score the inside of both halves about 1″ from the crust. Hollow the bread halves by pulling out the insides with your hands. Leave shells about 1″ thick. Save the bread chunks for other uses.
Spoon salad into bottom half of loaf. Layer 2oz. cheese over the salad. Top with one type of meat; repeat.
Finish layering with last of cheese and meat. Top with tomato and lettuce.
Use an electric knife to cut the sandwich into four wedges. If you don’t have one, use a very sharp serrated knife. Just saw carefully and don’t press too hard–or you might squish the entire filling out.
Muffulettas can be served hot or cold.