Break out the dressings because May is National Salad Month! Celebrate the greener side of life by eating a plate of delicious healthy vegetables, spiced up with Jeff’s Natural’s range of healthy, non-GMO products!
If you’re in need of a little salad inspiration, you should check out our new recipes below! With so much variety, we’re pretty sure you’ll be asking yourself “what hamburger?”
New! Fig Salad with Bleu Cheese Olives
Prep Time: 10 min – Total Time: 13 min – Serves: 2
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4-6 fresh figs cut in half or in quarters
- 1/3 cup Jeff’s Naturals Blue Cheese Olives, sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup candied nuts or chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, gently toss salad ingredients together. Drizzle salad dressing over the top until lightly coated and toss to gently. Serve immediately.
New! Kale & Citrus Salad
Prep Time: 15 min – Total Time: 18 min – Serves: 4
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 ½ cups seasonal citrus segments, we used pink grapefruit, naval orange, and satsumas (reserve any citrus juice from slicing into segments)
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced on mandoline slicer
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced on mandoline slicer
- ½ cup Jeff’s Naturals Castelvetrano Olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup reserved citrus juices
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar to taste, if needed
In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, citrus juice and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add a few splashes of vinegar for a little more acid.
Drizzle enough dressing over the salad and to lightly coat and toss.
New! Marinated Mexican Salad
Prep Time: 5 min – Total Time: 1 hr. 5 min (including marination time) – Serves: 4-6
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp. Jeff’s Naturals Diced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/2 c. Jeff’s Naturals Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 1/2 c. green onion, sliced
- 1/3 c. Hot Sauce
- 1/3 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of one fresh squeezed lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
Stir together the first eight ingredients in a large bowl.
Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Remove chilled salad and top with lime juice, and salt and pepper.
Garnish with avocado.
New! Grilled Fennel, Orange & Kalamata Salad
Prep Time: 10 min – Total Time: 20 min – Serves: 2
- 2 heads fennel, sliced into ¼” slices
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2 oranges, with peel and pith removed
- ½ cup Jeff’s Naturals Organic Pitted Whole Greek Kalamata Olives, drained and rough chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Shaved parmesan to garnish
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat grill to high heat.
Drizzle sliced fennel with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill on each side until nice grill marks have developed, about 5 minutes each side.
Prepare the oranges by cutting the segments out in between the membranes. To the orange juice, add the segments, kalamata olives, and parsley. Add the grilled fennel and toss.
In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together and pour over fennel salad. To serve, garnish with parmesan shavings.
New! Cherry Balsamic Dressing
Prep Time: 10 min – Total Time: 10 min – Serves: 4
- 1/3 c. reserved cherry puree
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Garlic
- 2 Jeff’s Naturals Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers
- 1 T. sherry vinegar
- 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Finely mince the Hot Cherry Peppers
In a bowl combine all of the above ingredients and whisk until well incorporated.