Great news for fans of Castelvetrano Olives. Consumers can now get these irresistible snack olives pitted!
Yes, pitted! Jeff’s Naturals new Pitted Castelvetrano Olives make it even easier to enjoy these delicious olives in snacks and meals.
Now you can spend less time making and more time enjoying your favorite dishes like Heirloom and Castelvetrano Tuna Salad, Castelvetrano Spring Farro Salad, and Cheese Stuffed Fried Green Olives just to name a few. The new Pitted Castelvetrano Olives are also perfect for your favorite martini!
More ways to enjoy our new Pitted Castelvetrano Olives:
- Add to braised meat dishes, especially chicken or duck.
- Toss with mixed baby greens, orange sections, shaved fennel and a light lemon vinaigrette for a beautiful and refreshing salad.
- Add them to hot couscous, along with salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, sliced green onions and chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Castelvetranos are Italy’s number one snack olive, chosen three to one over any other type of olive.
- Italians often refer to them as “dolce” (meaning “sweet” in Italian).
- Castelvetranos are produced exclusively in Castelvetrano, Sicily, from the olive variety known as nocerella del belice.
- They are easily recognized by their distinctive bright green hue and meaty, buttery flesh.
- Castelvetranos came on the U.S. scene only recently, first appearing on the bulk olive bars of specialty food stores.
- Jeff and our Italy-based import manager travel to Sicily each fall to inspect the harvest and foster relationships with generations-old family farmers, ensuring that our customers have access to the finest Castelvetrano olives available.
Enjoy them in this new recipe:
Pistachio & Castelvetrano Olive Pesto
1 cup pitted Jeff’s Naturals Pitted Castelvetrano Olives
½ cup shelled pistachios
1 small clove fresh garlic
1 lemon, zested and juiced
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
In a food processor, pulse all ingredients to desired consistency. Serve on a nice white fish, baked chicken, or veggies, and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
The possibilities are endless! Crack open a jar and let your creativity run wild.