Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 20 min | Serves: 4-6
- 1 c. farro
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 ½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- ½. dried cranberries or cherries
- ½ c. Jeff’s Garden Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives, sliced
- 1/3 c. slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ c. roasted garlic cloves (can purchase in most specialty food stores)
- 1 apple, diced and coated with lemon juice to prevent oxidization
- ½ c. smoked mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add farro. Let cook about 10 minutes until tender to bite. Drain farro in a colander and set aside.
While faro is cooking, add the minced shallot, balsamic, olive oil, parsley with some salt and pepper to taste, in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked faro and mix to coat. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
Great served room temp or cold.