Prep Time: 10min | Total Time: 20min | Serves: 2
- 2 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. your favorite store-bought pizza sauce
- ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices rustic-style white bread
- 4 oz/ fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Jeff’s Garden Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Jeff’s Garden Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices fontina cheese
Combine butter, oil and salt in a small bowl. Combine pizza sauce and basil in a separate small bowl. Heat 1 large non-stick skillet over medium heat. For each sandwich spoon an equal amount of sauce mixture over the center of each slice; spread evenly.
Place mozzarella slices over sauce mixture; arrange sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives over each layer of mozzarella. Sprinkle each with parmesan; top with a slice of fontina and the top slice of bread. Spread butter mixture on outside of sandwich. Cook 2 to 3 minutes; or until bottoms are golden, pressing each sandwich firmly with a spatula. Turn sandwiches and press each again with a spatula. Continue to cook until bottoms are golden and cheeses are melted. Also can be cooked in a panini press.
Chef Note: For a comforting meal, serve with tomato soup.