Start your morning off with a vibrant bite of these quick and easy breakfast tacos. Our Pickled Red Onions and Sliced Jalapeños give these eggs the perfect burst of flavor!
Prep Time: 15min | Total Time: 30min | Serves: 8
- 1 (9.5 ounce) tube Mexican style chorizo or soyrizo
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar, Oaxaca, pepper jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can refried black beans, warmed
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- Jeff’s Garden Sliced Tamed™ Jalapeño Peppers or Sliced Hot Jalapeño Peppers to garnish
- Jeff’s Garden Pickled Red Onions to garnish
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving
- Hot sauce for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and, once hot, add the chorizo. Cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until they are just set, but still a little runny, and stir in the shredded cheese. Cook, stirring to incorporate until the eggs are set, about 1 minute longer.
- To each warmed flour tortilla, add a large spoonful of refried beans and evenly divide the chorizo/egg mixture among each warmed tortilla.
- Top the tacos with a few slices of avocado each, Jeff’s Garden Sliced Tamed or Sliced Hot Jalapeños, Jeff’s Garden Pickled Red Onions, a dollop of sour cream, and a drizzle of hot sauce.