As perfect as we think avocado toast is, why not elevate it by adding wholesome Mediterranean ingredients like from our all-natural line of olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, capers and sun-dried tomatoes?
Prep Time: 10min | Total Time: 20min | Serves: 12
- 1 small baguette (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Toppings (each tops 4 toasts):
- 2 teaspoons Imported Non-Pareil Capers, drained
- 2 slices smoked salmon, about 1 ounce
- 1 extra-large hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Sliced Greek Kalamata Olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350°. Slice baguette diagonally into sixteen ½-inch slices. Brush both sides with the olive oil. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 8 minutes.
Halve avocado lengthwise and remove pit; scoop flesh into a small bowl. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mash to a chunky paste. Spread on toasted bread. Top with your preferred topping (or all of them!) along with a dash of coarse salt.