Prep Time: 30min | Total Time: 1hr 40min | Serves: 6-8
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- ½ jar Jeff’s Garden Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- ½ jar Jeff’s Garden Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 8 large eggs
- 1 shallot, grated
- 2 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- ½ c. whole milk
- ½ c. mascarpone cheese*, softened
- 1 c. Fontina cheese, grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 3 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, grated
*Chef’s Note: Here’s a quick recipe to substitute if you can’t find mascarpone in your store
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake pie crusts for 12 minutes.
Chop artichoke hearts and brown lightly in a pan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool. Cut roasted red bell peppers into ¼-inch by 1-inch long slices. Set aside.
Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add shallot, garlic, milk, mascarpone, fontina, salt and pepper. Add spinach and artichokes. Mix well.
Pour mixture carefully into pie pans. Sprinkle red peppers into mixture, then top with Mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 55 minutes. Center will seem slightly underdone, but will continue cooking as it cools. Cool quiche for 20 minutes before serving.